Illinois Jaycees is currently accepting nominations for 2019 Class of The Outstanding Young Persons of Illinois. Deadline for nomination forms is February 1, 2019.
Each year, The Outstanding Young Persons awards program recognizes up to ten individuals between the ages of 18 and 40 who exemplify the best attributes of young people from across Illinois. Honorees reflect the vast diversity of young people that are making a difference in their community – whether they get involved through business, nonprofit and community organizations, or government service. Young men and women may be nominated in one of the following ten categories:
- Business, economic, and/or entrepreneurial accomplishment
- Political, legal, and/or governmental affairs
- Academic leadership and/or accomplishment
- Cultural achievement
- Moral and/or environmental leadership
- Contribution to children, world peace, and/or human rights
- Humanitarian and/or voluntary leadership
- Scientific and/or technological development
- Personal improvement and/or accomplishment
- Medical innovation
Nominees may be nominated by Jaycee chapters, not for profit organizations, volunteer organizations, professional organizations, individuals, businesses, government agencies, and media sources. The awards will be presented at a ceremony on May 4, 2019 at the Springfield Wyndham Downtown. Honorees will be guests of the Illinois Jaycees for that day and night. Each award winner will receive a plaque. Nomination forms must be submitted no later than February 1st, 2019.
The event is generously supported by friends and employers of our award winners, local and regional Jaycee organizations, Illinois Jaycees Charitable Foundation and Illinois businesses and corporations. For information on sponsorship opportunities, please email email@example.com.